Query problem

ViralStef

Hi

I'm trying to generate a CREATE TABLE query:

[code]$createtable_query = "CREATE TABLE '$componentname' ('ID' INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT" . $table_string . ")";
$createtable_result = mysql_query($createtable_query) or die(mysql_error($createtable_query));[/code]

$table_string is generated by the previous script.
When I print $createtable_query, I get this result (just an example):

[quote]CREATE TABLE 'componenttest' ('ID' INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, 'Name' VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL)[/quote]

That looks like a correct query.
Although, PHP warns:

[quote]Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\cms\adminpanel\components\addcomponent.php on line 128[/quote]

(Line 128 is "$createtable_result = ... ")

What is wrong with my query?

Plz help
Thx

1) try
[code]
$createtable_query = "CREATE TABLE '$componentname' ('ID' INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT" . $table_string . ")";
mysql_query($createtable_query) or die(mysql_error());
[/code]
Your query should not return a result set for a CREATE TABLE command.
2) AUTO_INCREMENT on a VARCHAR column is probably not what you want.

What do you mean with backtips? Are that quotes that are not straight (like in PHPMyAdmin)? I tried this by copying those quotes from PHPMyAdmin into my script. I don't know how to type them. But I tried it, and it didn't work either:(!

thx!

Well instead of [code]"CREATE TABLE '$componentname'[/code]
I think it should be [code]"CREATE TABLE `$componentname`[/code]

For me, the backticks is in the top left of the keyboard, nothing happens when I press the button once, I have to press it twice and I get two backticks.

Hm, I can't find those backtips on my keyboard, but I can copy them for PHPMyAdmin.
So, now I tried it with backtips and I get the following print result:

[quote]CREATE TABLE `componenttest` (`ID` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `Name` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL)[/quote]

But still the same error....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.