Court Reporting

jcombs_31

Very nicely done Jcombs :)

There is one minor hick-up with your pages, in that there is a single css error (Unknown pseudo-element or pseudo-class :last-child). Doesn't break functionality or anything however.

In the 'ABOUT' page, I think Deborah would look better if her portrait was set in a more business like environment (much like you see IT personnel photos of people at nice office desks or something to that effect). Not that the current image is horrible by any stretch, just seems odd to see her in a home setting (perhaps she works from home and has no downtown office or such?). Would feel more 'business-like' in an office or even some formal professional portrait at a photography studio. Here is an example of some portraits that fit the legal business look (although far from the best example, it's along the lines I'm thinking of). The two aspects I really like about those samples is a) the collection of what I am assuming are legal books behind them (the business environment), as well as the fact that those shots are up close (their faces aren't small in the images, which to me gives indication of confidence and not 'shying away') By the way, is Deborah of any relation to you?

A very minor nit-pick on the 'SERVICES' page.. those arrows acting as bullets, the 'white' drop shadow looking effect clashes with the background IMO. I would consider making those white areas a tad darker than the page's background beige colour.. would make those arrows softer to the eye.

Overall, your best work yet! Good stuff.

Thanks for the detailed feedback.  I don't know how you always find the time to leave such detailed critiques, but I'm sure everyone who posts in this board appreciates it.  I'll check that css error, I didn't even check for validation to be honest.  Something I usually forget. 

I agree on the picture, that is what she sent to me.  Maybe I'll try to crop out the background and make it zoom in on her face until I can get something better.  Yes, she is related, my aunt by marriage. 

I may tweak a few details such as the arrows.  I've been doing a few different things and I always slack on the final touches. Thanks again.

Thanks for the detailed feedback.  I don't know how you always find the time to leave such detailed critiques, but I'm sure everyone who posts in this board appreciates it.

No problem. Oh, and the answer as to how I find the time for leaving such crits, I'm currently unemployed  ;D

Thanks for the detailed feedback.  I don't know how you always find the time to leave such detailed critiques, but I'm sure everyone who posts in this board appreciates it.

No problem. Oh, and the answer as to how I find the time for leaving such crits, I'm currently unemployed  ;D

Sorry to hear that  :-\  What about some freelance projects?

We definitely appreciate your critiques, I often read them to improve my design skills, which aren't too sharp.

Hi Maq,

I'm still in the process of learning stuff myself. I'm no where near as accomplished as some folk around here. So currently, my goal is to simply continue in furthering myself. Once I have more nitty-gritty back-end development experience (I'm comfortable enough with front-end stuff, so I'm not concerned on that front) under my belt, I'll be more confident and perhaps consider the occasional freelance job (though I hear more than enough horror stories of freelancers landing the wrong client, which has me admittedly spooked).

I once worked with an amazingly talented fantasy / sci-fi artist (of all places, we ended up working together at an IT company (marketing department)) who has been freelancing for over 20 years.. He told me sometimes it was like pulling teeth working with some clients. I don't like teeth pulling :(

But enough about me. We're here to add what we think of jcomb's fine job he has done with his latest site (or perhaps second latest if the fireman's site is the latest).

P.S - Thanks for the critique appreciation ;)

Under the Contact box, you have those three Reporters Assoc. boxes.  The way you've styled them make them appear as buttons, but you have to actually hover over the wording to click them.  How about making the entire box a click-able button?

Also the bottom of the page could use a little something.  At the very top you have that dark brown (i think brown, i'm color blind) bar.  How about something like that at the very bottom.  Else it feels like the page should just continue on. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.