Zip code searching

scrubbicus

So I need to create a form that enables someone to search by zip code for the closest local representative. How might I go about doing this? This involves a lot come to think of it, has to calculate distance and each representative. Would I have to go about individually entering locations and using if statements with a database or is there a much easier way?

Wow that's awesome. So this script finds the distance between zip codes. Now I'll need to get the zip codes that every representative person resides and then create something where the user types in there zip code then it finds through distance the closest zip code that has a representative.

A challenge for me then, thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.