IPB 'Syndicate'

Revan

Hello, my name is Revan and I am very new to PHP. My question is directed towards anyone who is familiar with the MySQL database setup of Invision Power Boards. What I want to do is connect to the MySQL database, get the topic title if it has a certain description, the url, and save it to be displayed in a sidebar for a webpage. As of the moment, I cannot say the address of the page... Here is the code so far:[code]<?php
require('config.php');

$conn = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die                      ('Error connecting to mysql');

$sql = 'SELECT `title` FROM `ibf_topics` WHERE `description`=\'=SCDTI=\'';

mysql_close($conn);

?>[/code]

Any help would be appreciated  ;)

change to $sql = "SELECT `title` FROM `ibf_topics` WHERE `description`= '=SCDTI=' "; and try again.  also, you need a query statement in there.
Like:
$result = mysql_query($sql);
$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
echo $row['id'] // assuming your database has an 'id' field. Replace ID with feild name.  You could also use a loop here.\

Hope this helps.  I was recently stuggling with this too.

[quote author=ChaosXero link=topic=100874.msg398582#msg398582 date=1153142842]
change to $sql = "SELECT `title` FROM `ibf_topics` WHERE `description`= '=SCDTI=' "; and try again.  also, you need a query statement in there.
Like:
$result = mysql_query($sql);
$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
echo $row['id'] // assuming your database has an 'id' field. Replace ID with feild name.  You could also use a loop here.\

Hope this helps.  I was recently stuggling with this too.

[/quote]

Thanks. I'll try that as soon as the webmaster gets online.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.