.htaccess for search engine friendly?

paparanch

hellow everyone!

i'm sory if i post this thread in the wrong place. i just don't know where to post this one.

anyway, i just want to ask from you guyz if using .htaccess to rewrite url on the fly can really make your website highly indexed by search engines? coz i have a website www.emorocks.com which i used .htaccess for rewriting its URL to be more highly indexed...but until now when i type emorocks.com in google, it did not appear on the result page...so i guess goole did not recognize my site...i don't know if its because i used .htaccess or what...i have no idea...any opinion?

by the way i just uploaded my site last 3 days ago....is this the reason why its not yet recognize by search engines? i don't think so...any opinion pls?

tnx in advanced!

Sorry but first you need to re do your HTML / CSS mistakes.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.emorocks.com%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&ss=1&outline=1&group=0&No200=1&verbose=1&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.606

Once that done on every page, and all pages are Google friendly and css friendly,

then i shall help.

by the way it can take up to 3 months to get index in Google but, harshly because off all the errors in your code i suspect it take even longer.

but saying that now you have posted on this forum you probably get indexed quit quickly, but your rank in Google will be low due to many seo mistakes.

thnx for all the resources....the problem is my html code still has errors...and i can't change it because its a code from other website..like free chatbox...

mr.redarrow? will you please tell me more about this .htaccess?

actually, i already done rewriting my urls using htaccess but i'm not pretty sure about it...

If Google has already indexed pages of your site, and others have linked to it, the former URL's will be broken (and hurt your ranking), and your site will have to be reindexed with the new URL structure.

Then send a 301 response code and tell them the new URI using the Location header.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.