Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foreverhex

problem with putting info in MySQL.

I have made this code and Im still new at MySQL so I apoligize if it looks buggy. But when you go to submit the info it wont switch any thing and makes the name value 0? Here is the code, any ideas why?

[code]<?php

include 'db.php';

//Grab the reviewed user info

$user = $_POST['user'];
$password = $_POST['password'];
$name = $_POST['name'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
$age = $_POST['age'];
$sex = $_POST['sex'];
$location = $_POST['location'];
$medium = $_POST['medium'];
$interests = $_POST['interests'];
$homepage = $_POST['homepage'];

//New Password check
if ((!$password)) {

$sql = mysql_query("UPDATE users SET name='$name' AND email='$email' AND age='$age' AND sex='$sex' AND location='$location' AND medium='$medium' AND interests='$interests' WHERE user='$user'");

}

else {
$newpassword =md5($password);

$sql = mysql_query("UPDATE users SET password='$newpassword' AND name='$name' AND email='$email' AND age='$age' AND sex='$sex' AND location='$location' AND medium='$medium' AND interests='$interests' WHERE user='$user'");

if(!$sql) {
echo "There has been an error while trying to modify your account. Please report a bug in the forums or try again later.";
}
}

echo 'You information has been updated!';
?>[/code]

Replace all the 'AND' in the update with commas. See the UPDATE syntax in the manual:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/update.html

You only to use AND in a query you are comparing somthing to something else, such as within a WHERE clause

AHH! I see, so an example would be WHERE user='$user' AND email='$email' . Thats good to know thanks!

Yup and you can use it in any other statement

example

if ($user==Bob AND password==bobby){

Kick ass! There are some many things I still need to learn but I need to screw up to figure out that I need to know these things.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.