Before and After - a major difference or not?

extrovertive

Lovely.

If I had a few gripes:
There is a link in your footer which has no a:hover -> the middle link.

Although the a:hover for the navigation is MUCH better and nearly perfect - I think the colours are kinda still a bit wrong. Try experimenting. You dont want to change too much on a:hover.

The Find a Tutor box is nice.

I REALLY like the Way you have it arranged - the Find a Tutor on the Right. MUCH MUCH better.

-> Whats the title of your Business. Like in your Top banner -> you dont have a Company or Main Name to go by. I think you should decide on a Name - and put that at the Top of your Banner instead of "Order a Tutor to your Home".

You should have "Successful Academic Tutors Ltd." or something like that. Maybe not with teh Ltd ;)

And whats with teh Maths~Academic? Just put Maths - Academic or something simple.

And just 1 final thing - I would like 130% line spacing in all of your site.

Rgds,
Steve

Switching that "find a tutor" part indeed worked out well.

Some more suggestions:

[list]
[*]Navigation doesn't really fit the rest of the design now.
Go for a flatter look. Try to keep true to the original orange colour. This one's too heavy.

[*]Padding and spacing.
You need more of it in the "find a tutor" area. Both in the box, and in the space surrounding it.
This goes for pretty much every text and element on pages other than the index.

[*]You have too much empty space on the right side of the content box.

[*]Call us section.
Too big. Smaller font, smaller box.

[*]Have the line "Math/Academic Success specializes in finding and matching the" verticaly align with "Newsletter".

[/list]

Coming along.

One more thing. It isn't the biggest issue, but once you've sorted out other more important issues...

Try a lighter colour blue.

I know I can be a pain in the *** when it comes to colour schemes, but you'll have to trust me, it WILL look a lot better. The whole site will get a fresher, more positive look.

If you decide to use a brighter blue, don't forget to modify the gradients in your logo and header accordingly. You can leave the darker blue in the text, it's a nice substitute for black.

Alright, I made changes based on your suggestions, number.

- How about navigation now? It's a tab now.

- I think he padding right now is fine for "Find a tutor." Is this just a problem is bigger resolution 1024+? You want to see more cellpadding?

- I'm still trying to fix the empty spacing on the content - I'm using Tables and still learning CSS now.

- I made the "Call us section" smaller now. This time with the company's name on top.

What do you think about this background?

Oh, this is one of my early design for this site:

http://tutor.populateme.com/2/

[quote author=extrovertive link=topic=100966.msg404423#msg404423 date=1153985075]
- How about navigation now? It's a tab now.
[/quote]
You misunderstood me. When I said go for a flatter look, I meant lose al the gradients.
Can't say I like the tabs.

[quote author=extrovertive link=topic=100966.msg404423#msg404423 date=1153985075]
- I think he padding right now is fine for "Find a tutor." Is this just a problem is bigger resolution 1024+? You want to see more cellpadding?
[/quote]
I have a 1920x1024 res, but that's not the point. Just look at the left padding of the "math/academic succes" text, that's the way ALL your padding should be.

- I'm still trying to fix the empty spacing on the content - I'm using Tables and still learning CSS now.

- I made the "Call us section" smaller now. This time with the company's name on top.
[/quote]
No you didn't, you made it narrower. It actually looks a lot bigger. The companies name was fine where it was. Make the phonenumbers and the box smaller, less width, less height, smaller font. Also please put the logo back to it's previous size. This is just to small.

What do you think about this background?
[/quote]

I kinda meant a light baby blue or steely blue (like the "post" reply header I'm looking at right now)..

Alright, I see what you mean by the the left/right-side padding. I have that for all my pages now.

The phone numbers are a bit big so it will stand out more - (not too big).

As for the navigation, I made it gradient because that's how I have the top image. You don't like gradient on this layout? Hmm...so just a plain rectangle navigation box would look better?

I think the background is fine at least for now. At least it's not like http://tutor.populateme.com/2a background which I think is too big.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I like the navigation a lot better this way. Cleaner. Buttons should be centered though. Their not of equal size either.

To bad you're not considering reverting the logo to it's previous size.

"Find A Tutor" is A LOT better this way.

Padding on index is near perfect (some inconsistancies within the "resouces" region), now the rest of your pages.

Consider copying the look of the navbar for the "Resources" bar.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.