Frame help

towneytowney

Hi
  I have a site where every page calls a function that makes a table for the top, left hand side and bottom of the page and fills these in with navigation items,header ect. I was wondering what the best way would be to display a new third party message board and still keep the rest of the page intact. Would a frame set in the remaining space on the page be a good option?

Thanks

Richard

You could use an iframe, although that would not always be ideal depending on the version of the user's browser.

The only thing I can think would be if there is a common page that works as the template for the third party software you could modify it to show your site's template.

...or frames, but I hate frames.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.