customer database/portal

bpp0417

Hi All,
I'm trying to get/find/buy a customer database/portal.  The idea is that the customer subscribes (for a monthly fee) to the site.  Once subscribed, the customer can login and use the site to store product information.  By inputting the cost an measurements for all the supplies for each product, the site could also calculate the customer's actual cost for each product.
So, basically, each customer would access their own product information once they log in.  They enter the ingredients/supplies (database of suppliers?) for each product and the cost for each.  The site would compute the customer cost to create the individual product.   The product would be stored and could be changed as necessary.

Does anyone know of a script/module or software package that exists?  Or is this something I would need to contract for?  I would just need a shell, I am somewhat familiar with PHP, and could learn it.  But creating customer specific content and data access is slightly beyond me at this point .

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
bpp0417

Thanks.
I definately know it can.  I'm a programmer, but since I'm inexperienced with web apps and PHP, I'm wondering if there's something out there I can use, or buy that I can use as a base.  Or if not, contract  someone build me the base.

I'd recommend download apache, PHP, and myslq.

install apache on your system, then install and configure PHP to work with Apache.
then install Mysql.

you can use php ide like php designer or notepad ++ to edit and run php.
then, you can test your code live in your local host.

Once you're confident it's working, you'll need to buy a hosting service to upload your code there.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.