CodeWiki.us - The programmers wiki

CodeWiki.us

Alot of people who visited this site so far have said its a great idea, and they like the site, i want to see what you think of it - if you dont know what a 'wiki' site is - its a site where all users of the site can contribute to the site, that means editing, critiquing, and creating any page, and every page.
[hr]
[url=http://www.codewiki.us]CodeWiki.us[/url]
[hr]

[quote author=moberemk link=topic=101126.msg400012#msg400012 date=1153342446]
Okay. So basically, you've created another idential wiki site, devoted to programming. There's nothing here to critique, because there isn't anything that's been changed. Except for the logo-the logo is bad. A big weird sorta-circle. Eh?
[/quote]

I agree with the above.

Ah ya - echo the lads above.

Its just MediaWiki. Any you dont even have coloured divs (red/blue/green) for teh different sections in teh directory.

That logo is brutal.

You've even lost the nice fancy background you get with MediaWiki as on http://wiki.kartbuilding.net/index.php/Main_Page

Time to get reading the Manual on MediaWiki.

-steve

You probably could have mentioned that earlier. And if it's not complete, why are you showing this to us?
As for the idea, it's not something I see myself ever using. There are already so many other places to get this stuff on the web, I don't see the need to recreate it here.

Well, how could i make it more appealing to you, i thought of just the idea of it being a wiki site, where as the other PHP/programming sites dont allow posting of Code/Tutorials or other things that you may want to put up for the world to see, thats the main reason i created it, i wanted somewhere to put my programming ideas and code.

It's just something that you can find elsewhere. You can find code and tutorials on this site, for example. And for PHP Reference, just go to php.net. All you're doing is creating a wiki installation and giving it a name. There really is nothing that you could do to make it more appealing to me-this isn't the sort of site that I would ever use.

But if these tutorials our coding on one of these sites was incorrect, you would want to fix it - wouldnt you...thats the main point of my site, and i was hoping because it was a wiki, it would be easier to find the information that you were looking for.

I like the idea of the site, an editable wiki for programmers.

Now, for the HTML section, I would recommend changing it a bit...

No need to give each small element their own page, just create an HTML elements page, and put them in that. Or something to that effect.

Anyway, I'm bookmarking the site, I'd recommend what everyone else has so far as well.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.