Disgusting PM Picture

Someone, named Daniel boone forwarded a message to me with a picture of a naked man holding his unmentionables.  There is no report button, why not?  Do you allow this type of activity?  If I were a 13 year old, and even if I was homosexual, it would still be a criminal act and this type of thing should be reported so it can be prevented.  And to Daniel Boone, F**k You

okay just calm down. First, and for most, do you still have the PM? If so, forward it to me. I be able to see if it was from him or not, and if so as an admin I will take care of it.  So just send it to me, if you deleted it look in your trash, and I will take care of it for you.

I would ask that you don't PM him back, as it could make problems much worse.  this is best if left to an admin or mod.

I got this message as well, there's another thread [url=http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,101158.0.html]here[/url]:
[url=http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,101158.0.html]http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,101158.0.html[/url]

[quote author=Freiluft link=topic=101153.msg400281#msg400281 date=1153382945]
In SMF, you can set the maximum number of BCC's/CC's for PM's. This won't eliminate spam completely, but it makes it a lot more inconvenient.
[/quote]

Yes, but it appears they got past that somehow. The screwed up thing is SMF sent them from my e-mail address. I'm getting hate mail right now from people. Wonderful!

[quote author=phpfreak link=topic=101153.msg400481#msg400481 date=1153409316]
Yes, but it appears they got past that somehow. The screwed up thing is SMF sent them from my e-mail address. I'm getting hate mail right now from people. Wonderful!
[/quote]

Topic notifications come through your email address as well.

phpfreak, if I were you just make a fake email address or something for that...or an @phpfreaks.com email address.  Because when we recieve notifications from the forums, it says were really recieveing them from your email address. It might help cut back a bit if you made an email like noreply@phpfreaks.com or something and inserted into that.

[quote author=Oldiesmann link=topic=101153.msg401217#msg401217 date=1153494034]
All email sent by the board is sent "from" the webmaster address. Go to Admin -> Server Settings to change this.
There's also an option to enable PM reporting - Admin -> Features and Options - it's near the bottom of the page.
[/quote]

Hi, both of those have been enabled, even though the PM system is disabled. Also, I have changed the e-mail address in the system.

Regards,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.