Receiving Live data feeds

Briant142

I need to setup a php page that will accept data feed from a vendor.  The data is names and addresses and emails sent on a live feed as the customer signs up at my vendors sight.  My vendor has it set up to push out this data to me.  How do I design a page to accept the data as they are pushing it to me?  I have php and mysql running on my webserver and all I need to do now is enter the parameters to accept the data as it is sent and put it into a database. 

Just got off the phone and they said that they use .net.  All I had to do was give them the directory that the php site was located and they could start posting there.  I also have the parameters.  Im assuming that these are the names of the fields to asccept - IE:

– fname = first name of the user associated with the email.
– lname = source_url, the opt in site, example: www.mysite.com.
– addr1 = address.
– addr2 = unit, Suite or apartment number.
– city = city.
– state = 2 character (US and CA only)
– gender = 1 character, m=male, f=female.
– phone = (mask 999-999-9999)
– country = 3 character ISO compliant code. (mask XXX)
– dob = date of birth (mask MM/DD/YYYY)

Ok so I need to use the $_POST.  I do not know where to start.  What do I need to do.  Thank you in advance for the help - I am in way over my head here.  I have PHP and mysql and apache installed so I think I am ready to begin with developing the page and linking it to a database right?

Well, first you'd take in each variable YOU need, and make them usable, for instance:
[code]
$input = array();
$input['fname'] = $_POST['fname'];
$input['lname'] = $_POST['lname'];
//And so on
[/code]

You will need to create a database and table, if you have PHPMyAdmin or can install it then that would be the easiest way.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.