Zip Codes

9three

I don't think this fits here but I'll give it a shot.

I'm looking for an API or something that will help me out with a zip code input.

For example, if I input a zip code of 33126, it will return everything within a radius of lets say 5 miles. The only thing I know is that it needs to find the longitude and latitude.

If anyone has any information that could help me out, please share, thank you :)

google the zip code database project... then download the csv zip file...

That will give you all of the data you need, and from there you just need to build the correct queries to associate with the other items... This database includes the lat and long that correlates with each zip.

I'd image with the practically endless types of zipcodes, that would be impossible, not to mention some countries don't have postal codes. The best thing to do what have the end-user narrow it down to what country - then out of several zipcode databases, you'd pull it from one.

Take a look at this page for more reasoning why it'd seem impossible:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_postal_codes

Thanks for the reply King Philip, I feared it maybe impossible. Was just hopeful. My plan is to try and build up my own database using multiple client databases.

lol. Funny I am in one of the No Postal Code Countries. Can't wait to get the hell out of here. Qatar: No postal code used. PO box delivery only.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.