[SOLVED] Dynamic Page Help, Newbie

InfoJunkie

I am completely new to php.  I was wondering if anyone could help me.  I have a html page with a tabbed header and a link bar to the left.  The rest of the page is used as a load spot for a frame.  The tabbed header, click tab, loads the frame. 

I need to add login to this page.  I have a php admin type tool, where i can change the SQL databases.

My idea of this page is somewhat crude, but I think it will work.  If someone tries to access the page, a popup would appear and ask them to log in.  The page supports sessions, so if they are already logged in then it goes right to the page.  When logged in under a usr name, i need the text in the tabs to change according to their title and for them to have a separate link, to open the frame below it.  Each user has different text for the tabs, and different links for the frame to load when the tab is clicked.  I also need a logout button, and forgot password.  I figured SQL worked similar to spread sheets. 

USR, PASS, EMAIL, TABTXT1, TABHREF1, TABTXT2, ect...

then the next user....

then the php would have to access the database to pull these variables to load into the html page. 

That's what I am looking for, however I am clueless. I can do the html and I have xampp running with mysql, php, apache, filezilla, and mercury. 

Can someone show me where I can start learning some of this stuff, or teach me themselves.  I am pretty sure this is mostly simple. 

Thank You in advance

~InfoJunkie

This kind of in the wrong topic area, shud have placed it in the php help. You also likly to get more response there.

Anyway, learning php is easy but it will take time to develope as a coder and be able to do more 'stuff' as you progress. It wasnt long ago that I really struggled to understand it then all of a sudden something clicked and I can just do most things I require now, although even now I need to research for things.

You are correct in that a database is like a spreadsheet. Its exactly what it says on the tin, its a base for data to be stored. They can also perform internal functions such as comparing values to each other and listing out items in order etc...

Go to this site to learn it and the best thing to do is work on something as you go.

http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

Or you could also buy a book of ebay or amazon...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.