My Social Networking Site

techiefreak05

Hi, I'm (attempting) to create a social networking site here:

http://www.zycogaming.xerodefect.com

yeah i know, i changed my mind it WAS gonna be a gaming site but I got caught up in the social part. :) ALSO:: THIS IS MY FIRST SITE WHERE IVE DONE THE LAYOUT MYSELF WITH NO TEMPLATES!! -- I am not that great at aligning things right, but it seems to look fine, IDK you tell me! THANKS AGAIN!!

THE site needs lots of owkr, like a more advanced edit profile system, comments and messages, IDK when those will be available, because IDK how to do that! :P

Just to be honest, it looks pretty terrible.  There isn't really one posative comment I can make.  I dislike the colors to start.  The banner or logo looks pretty terrible You have two ugly boxes just floating around along with your content.  Nothing is held together, nothign flows at all, time to start over.

You answered your own question there ->

Learn CSS and XHTML.
You also need to do a bit of Graphic Design. - Gradients and Water Themes with light colours In My Opinion.
You will also need to learn some php & javascript and put it to use. (currently the contact form uses bravenet stuff with ads!)

So these are the things required: CSS, HTML, PHP (or similar), Graphic Design, JavaScript.

Pretty sites which look nice, are easy on the eye sell. Perhaps you might want to go back to 'bodging' some templates into what you require.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.