Need critique on my new Twitter App

Imad

Hi Guys,

I just finished my new Twitter Application which puts your latest tweet into a signature image. I need opinions and or suggestions on the application itself and not the website design (I still need to think of a good design to make :P).

Here's the site: http://dynno.com

Best Regards.

Simple... effective...

MrAdam is right, slap the user name in there as well, perhaps the ability to change the background pictures as well...

Edit: One other thing you might want to consider is to link to their twitter page instead of you... I know this sounds backwards, but I don't see the point is advertising my twitter feed, but drive no traffic to it.

ILMV

Simple... effective...

MrAdam is right, slap the user name in there as well, perhaps the ability to change the background pictures as well...

Edit: One other thing you might want to consider is to link to their twitter page instead of you... I know this sounds backwards, but I don't see the point is advertising my twitter feed, but drive no traffic to it.

ILMV

You read my mind exactly. :P I did want to link it to the Twitter account instead since nearly everyone who are using it did so. :P As for the username in the image, that as well is planned, I just want to change the image a bit to fit the text.

Thanks for your comments!

Ugly. Sorry, but it is. Really.

-Your background shouldn't take away from your content (I.E., Keep it simple)

-Times New Roman :( (Sans-serif for the internet!)

-Make a decent logo (Identifiable, matches the color scheme, isn't garbledeegook-esque)

-Make your content fit the box

-Consider a simple AJAX script to make the image appear without having to reload the page

-I want to get my image, not hear your life story and be asked for money. (minimise your content, emphasize the form)

Look at Twitter. Look at the colors, the simplicity, the subtlety of the background- look at its design and try and carry the same "feel" over.

i think the last comment is a little harsh. For one it is a simple design. The background is nice and the layout is the same format as the twitter front page. I like the logo too. Modern and simple. I do agree with some points though, such as using ajax and different text font.

Ugly. Sorry, but it is. Really.

-Your background shouldn't take away from your content (I.E., Keep it simple)

-Times New Roman :( (Sans-serif for the internet!)

-Make a decent logo (Identifiable, matches the color scheme, isn't garbledeegook-esque)

-Make your content fit the box

-Consider a simple AJAX script to make the image appear without having to reload the page

-I want to get my image, not hear your life story and be asked for money. (minimise your content, emphasize the form)

Look at Twitter. Look at the colors, the simplicity, the subtlety of the background- look at its design and try and carry the same "feel" over.

I thank you for your constructive criticism. I do have a new theme coming along, I just need to finish the caching system. The domain itself use to be for my startup company before recently shutting down, the logo was designed for the startup, and will be remade in the future. Not too sure what you mean by "make the content fit the box", does it not already?

As for the AJAX, it is also planned for the new theme which should be coming soon.

The About us is below the form, image, code box, etc. I didn't want to make a bunch of useless pages just to list an "About Us" for the first day of launch. As for the donation part, I plan on moving it to another page. However, just an FYI, the money isn't being pocketed, the money is going directly for the operation costs and toward the new server. I'm pretty sure a little donate image to help us help you wouldn't hurt? ;) Lastly, emphasizing the form will be the vocal point of the new theme. However, not too sure if I can make it larger than it already is for the users not to "miss" it. :P

Don't take any of my responses against you, I definitely appreciate your constructive criticism and I'll more than definitely implement it in the upcoming design. :)

Best Regards.

Not too sure what you mean by "make the content fit the box", does it not already?

I'm using Chrome and right now the first header is pretty far down from the top of the box.

The About us is below the form, image, code box, etc. I didn't want to make a bunch of useless pages just to list an "About Us" for the first day of launch. As for the donation part, I plan on moving it to another page. However,  just an FYI, the money isn't being pocketed, the money is going directly for the operation costs and toward the new server. I'm pretty sure a little donate image to help us help you wouldn't hurt?  ;)

I get what you're trying to do, I'm just saying, make sure to keep it minimal. Right now you have a large block of text above the form. I'd suggest trying to cut it down or break it into shorter numbered steps so it is less like reading a book and more like reading a to-do. You know, just keeping it simple and straightforward.

Don't take any of my responses against you, I definitely appreciate your constructive criticism and I'll more than definitely implement it in the upcoming design. :)

Don't worry, I was much more worried about you taking offense to my response. And no problem about the feedback. I'd like to see you succeed since you're putting the effort into offering a good service.

I actually like it. The only thing I would change it maybe having multiple options of backgrounds. Its a cool idea though. I'm sure there's other sites that do the same thing but with a few tweaks I'll add this one to my site.

Good work :)

I just updated the website & signature application based on your feedback. Check it out and let me know what you guys think. Now, all tweets are cached for an approx of 15 minutes; app should be much faster now. Hope you guys like it. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I like it, but there are some minor fixes that you seriously need:

• Change the font to something smaller in the main content box, and make several short paragraphs, instead of one big blob.
  • The navigaiton is too squished. Have smaller fonts here, too, and make a clear seperation between the items. Also, make a hover effect.
  • A 1-2-3 type box would look nice above the form.

Get these things done and it should look nice and crisp, ready too be served along with a big mac and a diet cola.

- Moshe

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.