dreamweaver issue

hello,

when I installed dreamweaver cs3, some php files are not displaying the design, but in the view code, I have the right information.

if I save my file with .html extension, I can view it but in with .php I can not see it in dreamweaver?

Could some one help me please?

Thanks in advance...

Dreamweaver wont parse your PHP code when you're in Design View. Instead you should setup a Site Definition and perform a Live Preview instead.

IMO Dreamwever should only be used for HTML/CSS. It has very limited tools for editing PHP scripts.

• 3 weeks later...

Just like he stated, you can not use the WYSIWYG for server side code, it will just show you a php tag but can't render the view.  CS4 has integrated a live view inside of dreamweaver, but other than that, you need to code in the code view and then view in a browser. 

As far as coding in dreamweaver, I use it for pretty much all of my php work.  It has pretty good highlighting and code completion which is really all I need in an editor. I've been working with dreamweaver for quite some time and I think it is a great development environment. People often look at it like another frontpage but there are some pretty nice features that have kept me using it for quite some time.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.