Send Mail Help

radmanmike

Ok i will do ny best to explain what is going on. I am running windows 2003 and IIS with microsoft exchange. and PHP 5.14. All are working well. I can send and recieve email from the exchange server with out a proplem. I have exchange setup so that only computers that are in a certain IP address can send mail, since I have not found a way to get PHP to authorize with exchange. I can not however send a form from the website. The form says it sent , but I never receive it. I have changed settings in the PHP.ini file from localhost to the ip that my server is on but no go. Here is how my current PHP.ini smtp settings. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = 192.168.1.120 ; for Win32 only
smtp_port = 25
sendmail_from= michael@kmd-studio.com ; for Win32 only

; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from = me@example.com

this doen't make any sense .....  if you are using php script form to send info from your website to your mail.....  then please let us know the script u r using to send the info................  Soo that guys here can check and help you in that.......

Post your script soo we can check it out...........

If you are using mail to send email to an SMTP server that requires some form of authentication. Then that is the problem. Mail doesnt support any SMTP authenticaton requests. In order for PHP to send an email the SMTP server needs to be "open to the public"

If you want to send emails from a secure SMTP server then I think you need to use IMAP or somthing.

Ok what i am using is Photokorn gallery script. It has a contact us email form. I am just testing to make sure every thing is working. Like I said I can send and receive email from outlook with out using smtp authoration, because I have made it only possible to reley from a set range of internal Ip addresses. I just can not get photokorn to send it's emails. I will try and use my ISP smtp server and see if that works.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.