php redirect

desithugg

okay im using php to redirect pages
[code]
<?php
header("Location: index.php?action=1");
?>
[/code]
but that doesnt work ive tried almost everything i've tried puttng the full url removing the get variable..but it still doesnt work.it's very odd because the redirect function works in some script while it doesnt work in oter it works perfect in my login script.and also here it works.
[code]<?php $location = "http://tpfrpg.byethost32.com/pic/$user1.png"; ?>
<?php
header("Location: {$location}");
?>
[/code]

i tried doing the same thing but it still doesnt work its quite odd.im not sure what to do.I really need a fast method to redirect and this is the fastest i know.Js/Meta tags slow the process down too much and the users will get frustrated

You cant echo anything before redirecting without using output buffering, and I suggest turning error_reporting on to show you such problems.

There is a sticky thread around here somewhere about [i]header problems[/i] I suggest you read it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.