Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

desithugg

php redirect

okay im using php to redirect pages
[code]
<?php
header("Location: index.php?action=1");
?>
[/code]
but that doesnt work ive tried almost everything i've tried puttng the full url removing the get variable..but it still doesnt work.it's very odd because the redirect function works in some script while it doesnt work in oter it works perfect in my login script.and also here it works.
[code]<?php $location = "http://tpfrpg.byethost32.com/pic/$user1.png"; ?>
<?php
header("Location: {$location}");
?>
[/code]

i tried doing the same thing but it still doesnt work its quite odd.im not sure what to do.I really need a fast method to redirect and this is the fastest i know.Js/Meta tags slow the process down too much and the users will get frustrated

the code snippet you posted looks fine... what error message are you receiving. it could be an output buffer issue.

whats the error you receive?

im not recieving any errors.It does everything in the script echo what i want but after that when the redirect part comes in it just stops

You cant echo anything before redirecting without using output buffering, and I suggest turning error_reporting on to show you such problems.

There is a sticky thread around here somewhere about [i]header problems[/i] I suggest you read it.

You cannot output anything to the browser before the use of header.

EDIT: Thorpe, beat me :(

FYI there is an [url=http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,95562.0.html]FAQ[/url] on this too.

o i have found the probleam i was using an include file layout which output stuff to the browser.Thanks for you're help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.