Latest design

popcornplya

It is a little boring, and if there is a specific product, I should see the name pop out immediately with a way more obvious download button.  Look at mozilla.com, there is no question what product they want you to download and how to get it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks much better now, though the "Download" button's text I thing should be larger, possibly bolded.

Also, the image to the right of the paragraph "Is your computer running slower?...." doesn't seem to have any value. What message is it supposed to convey?

Oh god... I don't know whether you want critiquing on the design or the site in general...

The website looks good, a few tweaks here and there and it would be very good. I used to be a computer technician so I am always cautious of these 'speed up your pc' sites, but your site looks good so I will continue to look around, but I was horrified when your download button linked to the site it did.

I know you have no control over the other site... but it screams 'scam' to me, where the web page is longer than my right arm, with 1000s of testimonials on it. If a frustrated computer user hit your site and was then linked to your affiliate, I doubt you would get a sale.

Anyway, you have a good design at least, maybe you could code your own cleanup tool in .net or something :P

ILMV

Oh god... I don't know whether you want critiquing on the design or the site in general...

The website looks good, a few tweaks here and there and it would be very good. I used to be a computer technician so I am always cautious of these 'speed up your pc' sites, but your site looks good so I will continue to look around, but I was horrified when your download button linked to the site it did.

I know you have no control over the other site... but it screams 'scam' to me, where the web page is longer than my right arm, with 1000s of testimonials on it. If a frustrated computer user hit your site and was then linked to your affiliate, I doubt you would get a sale.

Anyway, you have a good design at least, maybe you could code your own cleanup tool in .net or something :P

ILMV

Sorry I've been on a vacation. The book I think is overpriced, but not a scam (I asked the guy if I can get a free copy to use it to help me build my design). But your right, I might make something of my own and use it on this design.

Thanks for your replies.

I wonder to upon reinspection? Did you fix it and forget about it?

btw I think you got link spam going on there which search engines might not be all that fond off, you're linking to the same page no less than 6 times (unless I misscount). Not to mention using different words all the time, very misleading.

Could put the copyright notice at the bottom in a <cite></cite>.

I wonder to upon reinspection? Did you fix it and forget about it?

btw I think you got link spam going on there which search engines might not be all that fond off, you're linking to the same page no less than 6 times (unless I misscount). Not to mention using different words all the time, very misleading.

Could put the copyright notice at the bottom in a <cite></cite>.

Not too sure what you mean about the copyright notice with the cite tag. Can you please explain a little more?

And if you want the year to be automated, you can always add a dash of PHP in there that does just that for you:

<cite id="footer">Copyright © <?php date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles'); echo date('Y'); ?> </cite>

So as the years pass by, you don't have to worry about always managing it manually. You can use the List of Supported Timezones to set your appropriate timezone (here, I just used LA as an example). Without setting your timezone (or TZ environment variable) you will get a strict standards warning that it is unsafe to rely on the system's timezone settings if you have E_STRICT error reporting enabled. Thus, you can debug your script using

error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);

at the top of your page (for development purposes. Simply comment it out or delete it prior to live server upload [most servers probably won't spit out any errors / warnings for security purposes anyway, but a good habit none the less IMO]).

And if you want the year to be automated, you can always add a dash of PHP in there that does just that for you:

<cite id="footer">Copyright © <?php date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles'); echo date('Y'); ?> </cite>

So as the years pass by, you don't have to worry about always managing it manually. You can use the List of Supported Timezones to set your appropriate timezone (here, I just used LA as an example). Without setting your timezone (or TZ environment variable) you will get a strict standards warning that it is unsafe to rely on the system's timezone settings if you have E_STRICT error reporting enabled. Thus, you can debug your script using

error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);

at the top of your page (for development purposes. Simply comment it out or delete it prior to live server upload [most servers probably won't spit out any errors / warnings for security purposes anyway, but a good habit none the less IMO]).

Thanks, I will add that now. I was using <?php echo date('Y'); ?> before your post.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.