Help with a simple code

ulenie

The current code is
$sql = 'INSERT INTO stats (subid,ref) VALUES (\''.$_POST['email'].'\',\''.$_REQUEST['ref'].'\')';

What i want to do is insert a "name" and "paid" column.  And I want to set name to 'Registration Bonus' and paid to '1.00'.  The table and everything is already created.  Someone help me please!

first of all, I suggested you should revise the query for viewing friendly.  After all, you're human.
So what u wanted is along with inserting subid, ref, you'd like to insert name and paid with it.

here is the code:
[code]
$sql = "insert into stats (subid,ref,name,paid) values
    ('{$_POST['email']}',
    '{$_REQUEST['ref']}',
    'Registration Bonus',
    '1.00')";
[/code]

[quote author=hvle link=topic=101323.msg400935#msg400935 date=1153446870]
first of all, I suggested you should revise the query for viewing friendly.  After all, you're human.
So what u wanted is along with inserting subid, ref, you'd like to insert name and paid with it.

here is the code:
[code]
$sql = "insert into stats (subid,ref,name,paid) values
    ('{$_POST['email']}',
    '{$_REQUEST['ref']}',
    'Registration Bonus',
    '1.00')";
[/code]
[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't write the code.  When I looked at it, i thought the same thing.  That's why i couldnt figure it out.  I tried to do similar to what you wrote but it gave me an error.  Let me try exatly what you wrote.  Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.