Login form not logging in

JeanieTallis

I don't know what part is causing the problem.

Login goes to session, and checks if username and password is correct, if no errors it then it updates fields eg: (last login) etc,  and then it sets the cookie, then returns true; which I think then goes to process, then it takes you back to the URL referer which is index.php, as it knows your logged in, due to cookies, it shows what it should show to logged in users.

What should I post?

function procLogin(){
      global $session, $form;
      /* Login attempt */
      $retval = $session->login($_POST['user'], $_POST['pass'], isset($_POST['remember']));

/* Login successful */
      if($retval){
         header("Location: ".$session->referrer);
      }
      /* Login failed */
      else{
         $_SESSION['value_array'] = $_POST;
         $_SESSION['error_array'] = $form->getErrorArray();
         header("Location: ".$session->referrer);
      }
   }

Instead of 'header("location: ".$session->referrer);

after, if($retval), I put echo("no error here"); it displays echo, so, index.php (login) goes to process.php, which then is right. then process.php includes session.php, which just checks for errors, and then registers session values (cookies for 'remember me' option) I've tried all if's in all them. No idea what else to try, session.php includes form (just sets error fields) database, which has confirms user and pass, which also sets errors if the username or password isn't correct, and I know they work. (I tested using incorrect details) I can't think of where else to try. seeing as, if the username and password are correct, it would return 0;

Would anyone mind adding my MSN and look at it for me?

All error fields work the way they should do.

I may add, index.php goes to session.php which then uses process.php and process.php works, but its just not recognising its logged in. which is why it refreshes the page, so it checks the database, but just doesn't log in.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.