Please recommend me a CMS that would be good for my site

ujjain

I am looking for a good PHP-based database-drive CMS that is easy to use and uses pretty url's by default and has unique titles for every page.

I am currently using a website based on includes and mod_rewrites etc, but I would like to have staff helping me on the website. They could get FTP access and manually edit the html-files, but I think it's time to use a CMS for this purpose.

I am not too impressed by Joomla as it seems pretty badly organized for maintaining a website with 250 pages. If you seriously advise me to consider Joomla anyway and spend some more time, I will. But I have helped clients with 3 Joomla sites and the way things worked was just not obvious to me.

The site is will be used for is http://www.dbznow.com. No spam intended, but seeing the site might help giving me better advise. I wish to remain using url's like www.dbznow.com/en/goku.html or www.dbznow.com/goku.html, but that might be a problem with languages and google indexing. Google might only index one language that way, rather than both Dutch and English.

Looking forward to hear from you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ujjain,

Do you know that you can also do this in Joomla

Go to global settings > at right hand there is a section for SEO

tickmark on YES to all, then save it

There, on exclametory mar, it is written that rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess but DO NOT DO THAT, IT GIVES ERROR 500

DO AS A DIRECT

Go to

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,245285.0.html

I had written a .htaccess code, do i a directed

All of us know that there are hundreds of CMS's available, but only a dozen or so that are really ready for production. And, of course, everyone has preferences. Last year, I attended OSCON and found a CMS called Concrete5. They went Open-Source with an M.I.T. license at the OSCON showing. The backend on this website is absolutely phenomenal. The content is configured using editable blocks. Content management is really simple, yet secure and reliable. And yes, it has pretty URL's too  ;D

question, can this CMS be used on websites that are already up and running? if so how do is the integration done?

also, is it possible to configure a secured site requiring logins and giving admin access to the page so that they can update progress of their staffs from this CMS  system?

thanks

I am not quite sure what you mean by integration. However, I believe their current version does allow for the importation of an existing site. I would recommend to anyone thinking of migrating to another CMS or platform, to install the proposed application in a subdirectory somewhere and take a look at it first before committing. However, with that said, you will be impressed with Concrete5.

If you would like a secure (login) portion of your site, you should simply use an access.php type of file for some page. That seems like a method to satisfy your requirements.

Yes, I do agree with the last poster. There is not one perfect CMS. I use several on my site. Currently, I use DotClear for a blogging platform, a custom AJAX micro blog, Scuttle bookmarking app., LoveCMS, and a few others as testing hidden away. When one just doesn't do it, try many!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.