help with cakephp

doug007

Hi Guys,

I am new to cakephp and have spend hours reading up on it trying to get something done at no joy.  Of what appears relatively simple is actually proving complex. 

I have cakephp installed on a directory serving a website.  now all i want to do is add another folder lets say "test" and serve a new web site from there.  so when you type www.example.com/test it serves the new site in depended from the existing one.  But I'm having no joy in accomplishing this.

Any help would really be much appreciated.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

What you are trying doesn't make much sense.  Why bother with a framework if you don't want to utlize the MVC?  Cake will write urls based on your application. You may be able to play around with app>config>routes, but by what you are trying will tell cake to look for the test controller which doesn't exist.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.