iTweetReply - Get your twitter @replies email to you

matthewlesh

I thought i'd post post about the project i've been working on - iTweetReply - Get your @Replies and Mentions Emailed Straight to you - Home .

It's a basic little app that will automatically find any tweet that mentions or is directed at your username [like your replies tab] with the basic goal to instantly notify you when somebody is talking to you. Almost a "push" service.

Anyway let me know what you think and any feedback you have for the system.

- I'm noticing that on the home page, you have dual google ads.. I would axe the one within the gui.

- The link in the footer is dark and hard to read at first glance... I would consider a colour more compatible with grey, and perhaps add a lighter coloured hover effect.

- The site doesn't validate.

- Could use pure css for layouts and gzip your css and php files.

- I would consider merging graphics: Example - ( header_right / header_left ). Shave off http requests and some graphic memory. In fact, it seems there are a few graphics that can be merged (another example is the footer). Smushit hung when I tried to check your image sizes and possible compressions to be had.. But seeing how your homepage is ~101k, looks like there is some weight that could be shed, as it seems a tad heavy for what it is.

I'm not a twitter user, but from the FAQ section, if I understand this, your site requires the twitter user to submit their username and password?

Overall, it's pretty clean and simple.

- I'm noticing that on the home page, you have dual google ads.. I would axe the one within the gui.

- The link in the footer is dark and hard to read at first glance... I would consider a colour more compatible with grey, and perhaps add a lighter coloured hover effect.

- The site doesn't validate.

- Could use pure css for layouts and gzip your css and php files.

- I would consider merging graphics: Example - ( header_right / header_left ). Shave off http requests and some graphic memory. In fact, it seems there are a few graphics that can be merged (another example is the footer). Smushit hung when I tried to check your image sizes and possible compressions to be had.. But seeing how your homepage is ~101k, looks like there is some weight that could be shed, as it seems a tad heavy for what it is.

I'm not a twitter user, but from the FAQ section, if I understand this, your site requires the twitter user to submit their username and password?

Overall, it's pretty clean and simple.

Thanks very much for your feedback. I'm starting to work towards your ideas and feedback.

In relation to your question, the system used to ask for passwords but i've since updated it to talk to twitter using Oauth so it nolonger needs passwords. I've removed that question now from the FAQ since it is now irrelevant.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.