Forward Timestamps

dark dude

I can't seem to get the following to work...
[quote]if($Category=='Multi'){
$Banlength = UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW()) + 864000000;
echo $Banlength;
} else {
echo 'I r t3h h4x';
}[/quote]

It should return 10,000 days into the future if the category is multi, but it doesnt... It doesnt print anything except the usual page markup (So it's not a fault in php).

Anybody got any advice?

Ok, so far so good, but I want to know how to put that into a database, with its field-type as "timestamp".

At the moment, I input it like this:
[code]$query="UPDATE Users SET Status='Banned', BannedBy='$Username', BannedOn=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(NOW()), BannedFor='$Banreason', BannedUntil='$Banlength' WHERE Username='$Victim'";
mysql_query($query);[/code]

and when it's put on the databse, it reads on the database that they're banned until 0000-00-00 00:00:00

Any assistance for this bit?

It should read the date off the database as 10,000 days into the future, not the beginning of time...

[quote author=kenrbnsn link=topic=101430.msg401667#msg401667 date=1153578631]
That's because your field is not type timestamp, but type datetime.

BTW, if you had asked the original question in the context of MySQL, like you just did above, you would have gotten a different answer.

Ken
[/quote]

Oh sorry, my apologies.

Also, it is type timestamp:
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2646/timestampcs5.png

Remove the default value from that field. Timestamp fields don't have a default value. That default value is for datetime fields. Either you put that default value in by mistake or you changed the field type from datetime to timestamp at some point and left the default value intact.

Ken

Yea, I use phpmyadmin, the table definition?
I think that's this right?:
BannedUntil timestamp No 0000-00-00 00:00:00
            Browse distinct values Change Drop Primary Unique Index Fulltext

(Sorry for late reply, couldnt get to the internet because the modem died)

That number is the number of second since 1-1-1970 of "today + 10000 days", which is what you wanted in the first place.

To verify in PHP:
[code]<?php
echo date('l, F j, Y G:i',time()+(10000 * 86400)).'<br>';
echo date('l, F j, Y G:i',2018039464);
?>[/code]
You will see that the dates are close, since the number you posted is now 10000 days from a time in the past.

Ken

Yeah, that number (2018039464) is a unix timestamp. If you follow kens example above you'll see how to convert that timestamp into a date using PHPs date function, (secound line in kens example above):

[code=php:0]echo date('l, F j, Y G:i',2018039464);[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.