Uploading to PostgreSQL database

jlr2k8

I'm currently working on a website project, and I'm trying to build something where users can upload avatars to the database, instead of a folder. I have no idea how to set up that kind of system with PostgreSQL. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks!
-Josh  8)

Not sure with PostgreSQL myself but [url=http://forums.devshed.com/postgresql-help-21/storing-images-in-postgresql-database-10261.html]http://forums.devshed.com/postgresql-help-21/storing-images-in-postgresql-database-10261.html[/url] has a class there that someone uses for image uploads.

Just googled for it..

Regards
Liam

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=101454.msg402826#msg402826 date=1153769120]
exact same thing just change all the my's to po's
or pg I think it is
[/quote]

actually, there are several differences in PHP functions. simply changing the mysql_ to pg_ will guarantee breakage because even the pg_connect() is handled totally differently than mysql_connect():
[code]
<?php
// mySQL
$conn = mysql_connect("$host", "$user", "$pass");
mysql_select_db("$name", $conn);

// vs PostgreSQL
$conn = pg_connect("host=$host user=$user password=$pass dbname=$name");
?>
[/code]

in addition, your advanced queries are handled differently in Postgres, and many of your keywords are different as well. in fact, even your LIMIT cannot be handled the same way. no, there is much more to it than simply changing the prefix of your functions ;-)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.