2 replies to this topic

#1 tomfmason

tomfmason
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,696 posts
  • Locationstealing your wifi

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:05 AM

Ok here is another rather simple question. First I will explain what I am trying to do and then I will show what I have done so far.

I am creating a live support script. It works fine execpt that I manually have to refresh or make a new post to see any posts that are made by someone else.

So what I thought I would do is but in a meta refresh. I did this and it worked but when there are enough messages that you have to scroll down, it starts back at the top of the messages.

Then I tried this
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2" url=http://www.mysite.com/chatbox.php#bottom">

and then at the bottom of the script I would but <a name="#bottom"> </a>

This works for the user end but not for the admin end. Since I need the chat_id to be able to connect with that particular person.

What I need to do on the admin section is pass the chat_id to the chat box. I can do this by admin/chatbox.php?chat_id=$chat_id but I also need to have the #bottom.

Any suggestions on how to do this or a better way to accomplish this would be great.

Traveling East in search of instruction, and West to propagate the knowledge I have had gained.

current projects: pokersource

My Blog | My Pastebin | PHP Validation class | Backtrack linux

#2 Barand

Barand
  • Moderators
  • Sen . ( ile || sei )
  • 18,021 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:02 AM

Why don't you order them in descending time sequence do latest always appear first?
If you are still using mysql_ functions, STOP! Use mysqli_ or PDO. The longer you leave it the more you will have to rewrite.

Donations gratefully received

moon.png

|baaGrid| easy data tables - and more
|baaChart| easy line, column and pie charts

#3 tomfmason

tomfmason
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,696 posts
  • Locationstealing your wifi

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:18 AM

I thought about that but the standard format for chat is acending.

Traveling East in search of instruction, and West to propagate the knowledge I have had gained.

current projects: pokersource

My Blog | My Pastebin | PHP Validation class | Backtrack linux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users