Windows and absolute paths?

wh33t

Hey there, I'm sure this has been asked a few times but I cant for the life of me figure out what the problem would be called exactly.

I got php running on apache, and I see now that when i do something like

require('/inc/file.php');

my script no longer finds the file. It seems to think that the / means c:\ ... is there a way to tell Apache to work like linux? lol. Any push in the right direction would be great.

This is where $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] comes in, if you dont want to type out $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] all the time then you can do this: $dr = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
then use $dr to referent the document root. like so:
include $dr . '/inc/file.php';

ahh. well thats what I figured I was gonna have to do unless there was some sort of command directive i could toss into apache.

Ok well. if I do the documentroot thing it will run fine when i move it to the linux webspace right?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.