php multiple choice quiz

granger50

???

Thought I would ask some very basic questions:

a) Is there a free reputable php generator available online?  I tried one and promptly became infected with a virus, which I dealt with quickly.

b) I need to build a multiple choice quiz site that:

allows you to create, update and delete records

allows you to retrieve records via forms

allows users to register

allows users to keep track of their performance

I recently built two sites that track your class schedule and track your book collection. I have some experience, but am overwhelmed and stressed out about a final project due in a couple of weeks.

Currently I am going through a server at my university and connecting with mysql.  My code is basically php with snippets of html as well to create the forms.

I do not want to reinvent the wheel.

Does anyone out there have just a minute to recommend a good place to start?

I appreciate any assistance you can render.

Sincerely,

A non-trad student trying to make it as a geek.

???

Thought I would ask some very basic questions:

a) Is there a free reputable php generator available online?  I tried one and promptly became infected with a virus, which I dealt with quickly.

Doubtful.  I wouldn't recommend one anyway.  Most generators and wizards and whatnot generate awful code.  And that's if they're not malware to begin with.

b) I need to build a multiple choice quiz site that:

allows you to create, update and delete records

allows you to retrieve records via forms

What kind of records, and who needs to be generating/retrieving them?

allows users to register

Easy enough to do.

allows users to keep track of their performance

Slightly harder, depending on how in-depth this performance tracking needs to be.

I recently built two sites that track your class schedule and track your book collection. I have some experience, but am overwhelmed and stressed out about a final project due in a couple of weeks.

Currently I am going through a server at my university and connecting with mysql.  My code is basically php with snippets of html as well to create the forms.

I do not want to reinvent the wheel.

Does anyone out there have just a minute to recommend a good place to start?

I appreciate any assistance you can render.

Sincerely,

A non-trad student trying to make it as a geek.

How were the other sites you made structured?  Can you lift parts/ideas from them to incorporate in your quiz site?  If you already have a login system, building a registration system off of that won't be difficult.

As for the rest, have you tried using Google to find free tutorials?  There are a ton of user registration tutorials and general PHP/MySQL/database normalization tutorials out there.  I'd start with those.

One I can customize would be great.  However, the only version I have ever worked with is 6.0.  I have found what I want, written in php 4.0.  However, I can't find a converter/editor that will make the conversion to 6.0.

I don't feel experieced enough to make this conversion myself.

Meanwhile I am attempting this from scratch, but I am afraid of the end of result.  I lack confidence, I guess.

Gotta go!  Thanks again for your earlier response.

Try

http://www.surveymonkey.com/

You can design your own area for free. If you need one you can customize, I have a few versions that I have used before.

I switched to surveymonkey because once you have an account it is streamlined.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.