New homepage and menu system

[-_-]

Im working on a new front page and menu system for all pages. I would just like to see what people think and what you would change on the new page if anything. Is the color scheme good?

Should there be less whitespace?

More padding or wider search menu background?

Should I make a smaller toolbar ad? Maybe put it where totse is and rotate them?

http://www.plentyoftorrents.com/index2.htm

And heres how it normall looks.

http://www.plentyoftorrents.com

Thanks for any suggestions.

1) The issue for me is that you are advocating illegal activity "100% free of charge, put your credit card away", my opinion is that if you stay neutral you will be ok.

2) The massive link ads at the top it looks like a small link farm, that concerns me

3) The large advert for the toolbar at the bottom is concerning, toolbars to me scream "slow down my computer", but you only have it for IE :D  of which is slowly declining in browser share.

To sum up, if you had a very simple interface, without any ads (inc. toolbar ads) that searched the torrent sites this would be way more appealing. If you were to get rid of the slogan "100% free..." it would also help, because whilst I admit I have used torrents before, I don't tend to broadcast it throughout the world.

Piracy aside, I like the 3rd look the best.  The others look like one of those parking pages you run into when a host holds a domain.

The 3rd one isn't all that great either.  Add a background to the outside area, use something other than simple colors, put something (anything really) in the footer.

I also don't get the header image.  What do smiley faces have to do with torrents??  It is also a very poorly transitioned image.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.