session with frame

rugzo

Hi all,

i have a question about sessions and frames.

I have a page which has 2 frames. It has a login system. On every page it starts sessions and checks the access levels. One of the frame is the menu which posts or links and the other one is the main page which gets or shows the links. I have many pages which have all the session starts and login checks on the top. This system works without any problems. Now there is another website which also includes 2 frames. I just want that this webpage should be access over the existing one. There is a link on my first working webpage and if you click that the other one opens (nut in the page, but as another page).

I have also 2 frames in this page. But when i am adding the session start and check login into this pages it returns the errors -->

------------

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\xray\tools\nsn\safi\menu.PHP:1) in C:\xampp\htdocs\xray\functions.php on line 18

Hello ozbay

------------

I cannot understand why this happens, there is nothing diffrent.

I am simply adding this

<?php

require_once ( 'settings.php' );

checkLogin('1 2'); ?>

to the top of the pages.

The checklogin function is defined in functions.php page.

what could be wrong here?

thanks in advance...

You are probably opening the new site "within" the old site.  Make sure that you either break out of the frame or open the new site in a completely new page.

Also keep in mind that frames are completely client-side and should not affect session handling.  The only problem would be is if you include or open a page within a page where sessions are already started.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.