How many of you people code without an editor?

PugJr

Or when you're working on someone else's code that you don't know that well yet, and you just type in the class name, press Ctrl+Space and here comes the list of methods with their parameters! How can you not love that?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to cook without an oven or stovetop, just an open fire.  I don't have to worry about any of those confusing dials or buttons, I can just put stuff right on there.  People have been telling me for years that I can get faster, more consistent results using an oven to do things like bake a cake or make a casserole, but I think they're wrong.  I'm really good with just a pile of wood and some matches.

I like to cook without an oven or stovetop, just an open fire.  I don't have to worry about any of those confusing dials or buttons, I can just put stuff right on there.  People have been telling me for years that I can get faster, more consistent results using an oven to do things like bake a cake or make a casserole, but I think they're wrong.  I'm really good with just a pile of wood and some matches.

Beautiful post.  That's the best analogy I've heard so far.

I would equate that analogy with going from plain old notepad to using a basic editor with syntax highlighting and stuff.  Basic oven with regular heat elements, some turn dials, etc..

I'd equate using a whole IDE to getting one of those ultra wide, double ovens with automatic timers, flat stovetop with the elements built-in to it that look like they are painted on it.  8 elements instead of standard 2 or 4.  multiple digital timers and touchscreen everything.  automatic setting for N weight meat (and by meat type, to boot!).  Little 2 inch robot that comes out a side door and stirs your shit every 5 minutes. 

oh and btw, millions of people do that all the time.  It's called bbqing. Sure, you got your fancy do everything grills, but many people swear by the minimalist approach.

oh and btw, millions of people do that all the time.  It's called bbqing. Sure, you got your fancy do everything grills, but many people swear by the minimalist approach.

Like me. If I go out and get one of those fancy BBQ grills I might as well pack everything up and use the kitchen instead.

To me, a BBQ is the fun of cooking outside with risk of burning the food, setting fire to something that shouldsn't be burning, smoking out the garden or something else associated with a BBQ that these fancy grills stop from happening.

Where's the fun in everything going right all the time?

pshh...I just go visit my redneck relatives down in Texas.  They make big ass bonfires in the middle of their field.  Wrap the stuff in foil and toss it in.  Get really drunk.  Lots of accidents from trying to pull it out, after said drinking.  Good thing most of them are RN's and paramedics...

pshh...I just go visit my redneck relatives down in Texas.  They make big ass bonfires in the middle of their field.  Wrap the stuff in foil and toss it in.  Get really drunk.  Lots of accidents from trying to pull it out, after said drinking.  Good thing most of them are RN's and paramedics...

Bastard, got something to say about Texas?

Naw, I ain't got nuthin' ta saay. 

I do.  Bunch of hard-line, right-wing, state-arrogant folks.  Everyone from Texas thinks that they are better than anyone else from any other state.  Most of them are also very close-minded in terms of progressive thinking on social matters.

My experience is based on the fact that my company has a office in Texas and I've been dealing with them for close to 3 years now.  I've actually been to Texas about 20 times and the mindset seems to be spread across towns, so it's not limited to the small amount of people I deal with.

Granted, most of them are nice people... they just have their own way of doing things.

I do.  Bunch of hard-line, right-wing, state-arrogant folks.  Everyone from Texas thinks that they are better than anyone else from any other state.  Most of them are also very close-minded in terms of progressive thinking on social matters.

My experience is based on the fact that my company has a office in Texas and I've been dealing with them for close to 3 years now.  I've actually been to Texas about 20 times and the mindset seems to be spread across towns, so it's not limited to the small amount of people I deal with.

Granted, most of them are nice people... they just have their own way of doing things.

:D but we are better! haha, joking aside, most of us are verryyyy close minded which kinda annoys me at times. Nonetheless I do love my state :D

My state fuckin blows. Seems like all the money goes to the roadways and all the while, the roads still suck. North Carolina will take you driver's license in a drop of a hat...without warning. (Well maybe a week at the most.)

Fuck North Carolina.

The funny thing is, is that I live literally 20 minutes from both Georgia and Tennessee.  Yet I'm confined to the Strict State Residence rules or I'd get a license from all three.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.