Swf to JPG

onlyican

Hey all
I have a Flash file, where you can do something, chance something bla bla bla
(Top Secret project, cant say to much, or I will get shot)

Anyway
What I want to do is the finish result from the SWF document, I want converted to web usable image (jpg, gif png ...)

I have seen one example, where there is code in the Flash File, but there is something I dont like about it.

I know I can create an image from a website, a document, and an image.
But how would I create an image from a SWF file???

The person who posts the correct answer, will get a pint on me.

There is some software called [url=http://www.swftools.org/]SWFTools[/url] that has a command line tool called swfextract which can be used to extract images from an swf file. You could use this tool along with PHPs exec() function to auto-extract frames from the swf - Would this be any use to you?

My mistake, I didn't say something right

The SWF, allows someone to create something, say, design a room, moving furniture n stuff

Then I want the PHP script to grab the completed image, so I can use it on the website.
Therefor I can not do printScreen, or Extrernal Apps

[quote author=DaveLinger link=topic=101662.msg402665#msg402665 date=1153758585]
why couldn't you use external apps? As long as they are installed on the server and are usable from php...
[/quote]

because the screen he wishes to capture is within a SWF running on a clients machine.

He esentally needs a way to make flash take a picture of itself, and send it to PHP.

no

The SWF is on the server.
In PHP
You can create an image of a website, and save it a jpg
(imagecreatetruecolor I think, cant remember now)

I want something simular
except the path wont be http://www.example.com
it would be /example.swf

then I get a nice pretty picture of what the flash looks like.

This can be done in flash, by sending all the pixles over to php
then php putting all the pixles together, I just wanted to know if there was an easier option

[quote author=onlyican link=topic=101662.msg402755#msg402755 date=1153764617]In PHP
You can create an image of a website, and save it a jpg
(imagecreatetruecolor I think, cant remember now)[/quote]
I'd be interested to know how you've managed to achieve that strictly with PHP...

I don't think you're going to be able to do this without the aid of some third party command line software sitting on the server...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.