Font on HTML pages

wizzkid

Hi! I am wondering if a font type can be uploaded and used on html.

Upon designing a webpages, we/I used a specific font/s let say "arial".  and when serve to the inetrnet and somebody tried to access the site, but that user doesnt have the font use, it will automatically use its defualt text right?

Is there a way to upload the specific font and put a script on the page to use the uploaded font?

Please let me know how to do it

Thanks a lot.

You should provide a selection of fonts, eg for your CSS:
[code]body {
    font-family: Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}[/code]
The browser, will use Arial if its available, else it try to use Verdana if its available, after that it'll try the next font and the one after that etc. But it is not recommened for you to use non-standard fonts for text in webpages, however its fine for images.

However if you want to use a non-standard font you can do, but I forgotten the method

EDIT the method is called embeded fonts, using [url=http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/weft2/default.htm?fname=%20&fsize=]WEFT[/url]

• 1 month later...
I've always gotten around this by making the text an image. I use the font/color/size I want in Windows Paint, then crop it out and make the background transparent with another program. That way, the text (image) will be presented in your page, whether the viewer has your font or not.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.