Alternative Way to Call a Variable

gladiator83x

Hi All,

Is there anyway that I can pass a variable to another file besides using a hyperlink or some sort of form? This is the way that I have been doing it below: (string 11 is what was passed)

file 1:
echo '<form method="post" action=" confirm.php?string11=' . $hlink . ' "><br><br><br /><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Review Closure" />
</form>';
echo '</CENTER>';

file 2:
$title=$_GET['string11'];

You can use sessions:

file 1:
[code]<?php
session_start(); // must be called at the start of each script where you use sessions.
$_SESSION['string11'] = $hlink;
?>[/code]

file 2:
[code]<?php
session_start();
$title = $_SESSION['string11'];
?>[/code]

Ken

I tried using the session start function and I received these errors. I received this error when I put the session_start in the middle of the file; when I put it at the beginning of the file and try to echo out the variable that was passed, I received nothing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /export/home2/webpages/more_metrics.php:6) in /export/home2/webpages/more_metrics.php on line 21

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /export/home2/webpages/more_metrics.php:6) in /export/home2/webpages/more_metrics.php on line 21

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /export/home2/webpages/more_metrics.php:6) in /export/home2/webpages/more_metrics.php on line 21

You have ouput at line 6 in more_metrics.php. Whats is at lines 4 - 8? If its output text/html/whitespace you cannot use session_start after the output. Make sure session_start(); is the first line of code for any page that needs session.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.