[SOLVED] Paypal in a community driven marketplace

FarhanKhalaf

I am creating a pretty simple community marketplace & am now at the payment stage - and am a little stumped. I'm pretty new to PHP/MySQL, but I've managed to do everything else up to this point.

As far as functionality of the marketplace : Shopper posts listing of product wanted -> Seller accepts request -> Shopper pays Seller -> Seller delivers.

I was thinking of using paypal to do this, although I looked all over google and could not find any kind of tutorial to explain how to do it. Everything is revolved around static carts, etc.

I did read the sticky at the top, and if this was the wrong place to post -- I apologize.

If anybody can point me in the right direction or recommend me a tutorial / other application / sample code that can accomplish the above functionality, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Paypal themselves have a tutorial on their website; hard to understand but I did get it set up eventually.

Please don't ask me any questions on how to do it as I did it about two years ago and I cannot remember anything about it - except that I read the guide on paypal.

It is still up and running to this day.

Paypal themselves have a tutorial on their website; hard to understand but I did get it set up eventually.

Please don't ask me any questions on how to do it as I did it about two years ago and I cannot remember anything about it - except that I read the guide on paypal.

It is still up and running to this day.

I took a look around, and could only find some vague topics in the forum regarding p2p transactions. If you have the link handy, mind sending it my way?

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.