[SOLVED] require_once() - functions not working

tomjung09

I cannot get the following code to work

$query_r0 = "SELECT zipcode FROM sr_users WHERE username = '$id'";
$result0 = mysql_query($query_r0) or die('Could not connect to mysql server.' );
$num = mysql_num_rows($result0);	
$zip = mysql_result($result0,0,'zipcode');	

I am calling it from another file, the $id variable is correct, the database selection is correct, the $num = 0 and therefore $zip = Null.

When I run this code on the main page, it runs just fine and it finds the zip.  Why does it not work when I include it in the require_once() function?

You would need to post the version of the code that is using the require_once() statement. Also post the whole contents, even the opening and closing php tags, of the file being required.

Without seeing all the code that is relevant to the problem, no one can answer why it does not work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.