[SOLVED] help with a subscription form

Rachel W

Don't be sorry at all.  You have been so helpful.  The email looks as follows:

"To unsubscribe click on the following link:

http://investors.whiteknightps.com/tools/newslettersubscription.php?op=confirm_leave&email_addr=ellcrystree%40yahoo.com&hash=a60d2c1b8de3ec92d34b06bbb79ec69a&list_id=1"

That is it!

There is an optional message that I have added above giving the correct link, but I don't know where to get rid of the line above (I can add the message in a box in the admin, but nowhere does the above line appear to edit).  When I make the option where people have to confirm the email has the line "please confirm using the link below" but I believe it to be the same link.

Okay, so I went through the database again and noticed the words tools/newsletter and realised that this was asked when I set it up.  I thought that it was default path that the data would be stored in or something because of the way it was worded, but then I realised that it may be asking for the path, so i changed it to pmnl and I resent a subscription newsletter.  It now gave a link with /pmnlsubscription.php so then I changed it to pmnl/ and now the link shows pmnl/subscription.php (so there was never a newslettersubscription.php, it was just lacking the / in between and was in fact the wrong path, a path that did not exist.  i feel so stupid, btu i went into this blindly and did not understand what it was asking.

It works now.

Thank you for all your work in trying to figure this out with me.  I still have not figured out how to put the form into another page or get rid of browse archives, but I am quite happy with the way it is and am not going to worry about it.

Thank you again Ken.  Very much appreciated.

If you ever need a site logo made or anything let me know...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.