I don't get it..

Emma ...x

Hey, i wasnt sure wether i had to post somewhere before making a topic.. so correct me if i'm wrong.

Well, i'm pretty new to php and i'm not into the proper technical stuff, just using a header/footer and includes to organise my site.
i recently got a cpanel etc.. and in my ftp i was told to upload to the folder "www" and i wanted to make new folders saying site, me etc.. then put the php files in there so i wouldn't have to scroll through the whole ftp to find the right file i wanted to edit..
Now i looked around on other sites and i can't find any help, it's probably a stupid problem thats why.

Okay, so i want to link to tagme.php and thats in the folder called "site" so i put /site/tagme.php and when i click that i get..

Actually i'll give you the link to the page, click tagme and you'll see what happens.

http://www.too-fresh.net/site.php

what am i doing wrong?

[quote author=Emma ...x link=topic=101910.msg403768#msg403768 date=1153913251]
Hey, i wasnt sure wether i had to post somewhere before making a topic.. so correct me if i'm wrong.[/quote] Nope, post away!

But on to your issue. I think the problem is most likely that you are not referencing your other files correctly within tagme.php. to include, for example, your header.php (which I guess is stored in the directory above 'site') you would have to reference it as '../header.php' instead of just 'header.php'. Without seeing your code, that would be my best guess.

By the way, your site doesn't work correctly in FireFox.

haha, welcome to the world of cross-broswer compliance! ;)

as for your file issue, i agree with the above, but as i don't see any tagme link on the main site, I'm not sure either what the problem is exactly.

In your ftp program, you should be able to set it up so that when you log in, it goes straight to the www folder, saving you the hassle of searching through everything.

then in that, if you put all your main files in there, then have an 'images' folder, and an 'includes' folder, it should keep everything pretty straight forward.

hope that helps!

Patrick

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.