DW8 php testing server, in reverse

Hi,

I have seen posts explaining how to install XAMPP etc to make a static testing server.  However, my need is different to that.  I have php pages, but don't actually need to see the php code when previewing, more just for aesthetics.

I have just upgraded from DWMX to DW8.

Previouly I would click F12 to preview a page and it would say "to preview pages using server side code a testing server needs to be set up first." I would cancel this and the page would load in Mozilla (but obviously any php content would not equate).

Now, if I try the same technique in DW8, Mozilla suggests I should open the page with another application, offering DW8 as the default.

I don't have a testing server and if I use my web server settings, the page I am previewing can not be found, obviously. Because I haven't uploaded it yet. I don't want to upload it and replace the existing page incase it doesn't work properly. And I don't really want to install phpserver on my computer.

Basically I need to preview a php page in my browser without parsing the php.
How can I get around this issue?
Thanks.
yesmaybe

yes, I could do that. But I can see it would get messy.  Maybe I have just got in the habit of pressing F12 every few minutes.

But, I can't understand how this worked so easily with DWMX, and now has come to a halt with DW8.  Is there no way of tweaking the settings so the php page still loads, without parsing it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.