Mysql Driven News Slideshow.

dietkinnie

Hi Everyone,

I am currently searching for a mysql driven news sideshow i can publish on the front page of my site. But cant seem to fine one that meets my needs, and thought i might ask and someone here might know of one that is free or i could purchase and implement accordingly.

Basic Drill down:

1: News description, and image location stored in mysql db.

2: News sideshow "Data taken from db"  and display on the site front page.

I was looking into the slideshow from frontpageslideshow which seems great but i dont have a  CMS so from what i understand it cannot be installed.

Any ideas/ pointers or info from past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

//DK  ;)

The reason for that is probably because slideshows arent made in PHP 99% of the time. In order to do a slide show you will need either flash or Javascript or AJAX. You could use php to get the info from MYSQL but thats all its good for.

The reason for that is probably because slideshows arent made in PHP 99% of the time. In order to do a slide show you will need either flash or Javascript or AJAX. You could use php to get the info from MYSQL but thats all its good for.

Hi vicodin,

Thanks for the reply. Any good news slidshow with caption or description you can recomend ?

Regars,

DK

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.