Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikew2

phpmyadmin installation on Windows 2003 IIS 6 server

Hi guys,

Im having trouble installing phpmyadmin onto my windows 2003 IIS 6 server. I have sucessfully installed php and mysql however when i go to the index.php page on phpmyadmin/index.php i get this error:

[quote]phpMyAdmin - Error
Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation
[/quote]

The documentation includes this:

[quote]1.20] I receive the error "cannot load MySQL extension, please check PHP Configuration".
To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed.

Usually, the problem is solved by installing a software package called "PHP-MySQL" or something similar.

[/quote]

Ive uncommented the php_mysql.dll however the problem is still the same.

If any has any ideas at all as to how to fix this problem it would b much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Michael

you will need to go to C:\www\phpMyAdmin and make a config.inc file and make it you its writable then go to http://yourserver/phpMyAdmin/scripts/setup.php and change the settings to fit in with your server

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.