phpmyadmin installation on Windows 2003 IIS 6 server

Hi guys,

Im having trouble installing phpmyadmin onto my windows 2003 IIS 6 server. I have sucessfully installed php and mysql however when i go to the index.php page on phpmyadmin/index.php i get this error:

[quote]phpMyAdmin - Error
Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation
[/quote]

The documentation includes this:

[quote]1.20] I receive the error "cannot load MySQL extension, please check PHP Configuration".
To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed.

Usually, the problem is solved by installing a software package called "PHP-MySQL" or something similar.

[/quote]

Ive uncommented the php_mysql.dll however the problem is still the same.

If any has any ideas at all as to how to fix this problem it would b much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Michael

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.