KARMA IS OFF

I knew it would come to this and that's why I shut it off at the beginning.  Someone turned it back on, but I've disabled it once again.

It provides no positive value and I'm sick of the whining about the system.  It doesn't add anything to the community but problems, so it's GONE.

::)

it's nice to see someone make an executive decision on the subject.

if anyone wants to know who does and doesn't have good solutions (and who should/shouldn't be disregarded when they post a "solution"), it's up to them to figure it out.  or it's up to one of us to say "that solution is a total load of crap.  here's why:".  either way, it's a little more solid than many of the good contributors here being smitten for no apparent reason.

i'd be fine with it coming back if we enforced a "reason for this smite" mod, but until then, eff it.  ober's right:  causes more grief than good here.

i don't see a real use for karma but it doesn't bother me that it was there either.

but then again if something isn't really necessary for the forum to function well and that something can cause problems, then i don't really see the point in keeping it.

i'd say it was a good decision to remove it.

Either way was cool with me.  In some ways it was kinda cool to have around, just to see what people thought of me on how they ranked me, but then you have all those others out there who are all like, "Why did I get a smite?  I'm gonna go cry now and cut my wrist because someone gave me one smite! WAAAAA!"  Okay, perhaps that was a bit dramatic, but still. 

[quote author=wildteen88 link=topic=101964.msg404095#msg404095 date=1153937884]
Hip-hip-harray!

[i]*Waits for CrayonViolet to disagree  ::)*[/i]

Blimmy I have done 3000+ posts :o
[/quote]
actually... i will admit defeat. this is a classic case of something that [i]should[/i] work in principle, but in reality... no dice. :/  I stand by all my arguments for the system. But the reality is that people are a bunch of whiny titty babies, quick to accept praise, quick to smite, slow to accept criticism.  Even if the karma system came with some kind of "reason for praise/smite," I think people would still complain.  Oh well. 

>.<! This had become a debate, I would like to repeat myself.
Karma is really useless, it just show '+' and '-'. So what if you have alot of positive karma ? Do you really wanna show it off ? This is actually the same as post counts, people actually get into conflict because of those small matters. :(

This topic is done... there is no need for repitition of points made in the other thread.  I'm sick of hearing and talking about it.  It's removed, that's it.  Topic closed.