[SOLVED] SEO forum resources

Given how some forums like say Website Critique or Regex have a 'resources' link, I'm wondering if others could use this as well.

For example, if you have a look at SEO forum, there is no resources link. I came across this plug-in for Firefox called simply SEO (which does an excellent job at revealing what SEO related tags and meta tag info you have on your site of choice.. after installing it, simply visit a site, go to top menu Tools > SEO for Firefox > Seo XRay). But the only current place (resource) to add this to would be within Website Critique's. Would it be better to place this link as a resource there, or create and put into a resources link within SEO? I'm sure there are other SEO related tools that would benefit from seeing a resource collection within that forum, no?

I agree! That is a sweet extension. It has useful information. Though, I hate being bogged down with those data sometimes so I tend to leave it off more than on. But great resource nonetheless. Won't be used too much though unless your job is on SEO.

The only reason why I share this Ken is mainly for SEO / Website Critiques purposes where people building sites and others want to quickly check what kind of SEO tags they have, this saves us from having to dig around for it (granted, chances are people will still view the source code to see other additional problems.. but still, provides a nice fast 'SEO XRay' view if you simply want to see what's going on under the hood from an SEO standpoint).

Admittedly, I don't frequent the SEO forum much (I do much more Website Critiques though, and this comes in handy IMO). I just wonder if SEO users would benefit from having access to this kind of information if it were in the SEO resources section as opposed to not finding it if they don't frequent other forums.

Do you mean:

This can be the "SEO resources" topic then. I'll sticky it.

I guess it could be there.. the name of that current sticky kind of threw me off admittedly. I'll just post it there I guess.. I just noticed that there was no specific resources thread.. I suppose that one is it?

Do you mean:

This can be the "SEO resources" topic then. I'll sticky it.

I guess it could be there.. the name of that current sticky kind of threw me off admittedly. I'll just post it there I guess.. I just noticed that there was no specific resources thread.. I suppose that one is it?

I guess, that's the only sticky in that section.  I agree the name should be changed to something simple, maybe just, "SEO Resources"?

Oh, it was just the name of the sticky that threw me off..(given the naming of other resources stickies in other forums) I have only been in SEO a handful of times.. and while I do read stickies, this one I didn't.. saw the title and figured it was a thread about how to setup SEO (you know, only use 1 <h1> heading tag per page, make use of the meta description tag, etc..). Should have admittedly looked at that thread first.

If people within SEO are accustomed to the current sticky (which I know now acts as 'SEO Resources'), probably not worth creating another one.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.