cake/bootstrap.php problem

guitarheaven123

Hi guys, I am new to php and frankly it is a little overwhelming. Any way I am building a new site.(guitarheaven123.com) I have uploaded all of my script but I keep getting this.

Warning: include(cake/bootstrap.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/g/u/i/guitarheaven12/html/webroot/index.php on line 83

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'cake/bootstrap.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/content/g/u/i/guitarheaven12:/home/content/g/u/i/guitarheaven12/html/:.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/g/u/i/guitarheaven12/html/webroot/index.php on line 83

Fatal error: CakePHP core could not be found. Check the value of CAKE_CORE_INCLUDE_PATH in APP/webroot/index.php. It should point to the directory containing your /cake core directory and your /vendors root directory. in /home/content/g/u/i/guitarheaven12/html/webroot/index.php on line 84

Here is a copy of my cake/bootstrap:

if (!defined('PHP5')) {

define ('PHP5', (PHP_VERSION >= 5));

}

/**

* Configuration, directory layout and standard libraries

*/

if (!isset($bootstrap)) {

require CORE_PATH . 'cake' . DS . 'basics.php';

$TIME_START = getMicrotime();

require CORE_PATH . 'cake' . DS . 'config' . DS . 'paths.php';

require LIBS . 'object.php';

require LIBS . 'inflector.php';

require LIBS . 'configure.php';

}

require LIBS . 'cache.php';

Configure::getInstance();

$url = null;

App::import('Core', array('Dispatcher'));

?>

can u tell me what i am doing wrong. by the way this is the telebid auction script.

ok I figured out that i did not specify a path but i can't figure out how to do so. here is what i have:

* Use the DS to separate the directories in other defines

*/

if (!defined('DS')) {

define('DS', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);

}

/**

* These defines should only be edited if you have cake installed in

* a directory layout other than the way it is distributed.

* When using custom settings be sure to use the DS and do not add a trailing DS.

*/

/**

* The full path to the directory which holds "app", WITHOUT a trailing DS.

*/

if (!defined('ROOT')) {

define('ROOT', dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))));

}

/**

* The actual directory name for the "app".

*/

if (!defined('APP_DIR')) {

define('APP_DIR', basename(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))));

so how do i express this. and do i use the file on my hd (C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Web Sites\guitarheaven123b\script\app) or on the remote directory?

Did you change the directory structure of cake?  If you did then you need to reconfigure your paths accordingly, otherwise cake should piece itself together just fine if you leave the structure the way you downloaded it.

What I don't understand is if you are new to PHP, why are you trying to use a framework?  You should understand the basics before using other tools that are built with php.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure how you began your developement. Did you start locally, and move it to a webserver later? If so, check your /app/webroot/index.php file. Inside that file are some important path related variables which will need to be changed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.