HELP!!!

I'm trying to get the Oracle Instant Client working with PHP on FC4.  All the guides I see say that you need to reinstall PHP.  However, I still need MySQL on this server for certain internal applications that we don't want to use oracle for.  Does anybody know an easy way around this?  I really need to be able to run both.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is Zend's anser to the problem:

Hello Michael,

What you will have to do is download the PHP 5.0.5 PHP binaries from php.net, extract them, locate the mysql.so file and copy it into the extension directory for Zend Core for Oracle, and then manually enable it via the php.ini file(extension=mysql.so). That will require a restart. This is not supported as it involves the use of a 3rd party driver. Newer versions of Zend Core for Oracle already come with the MySQL extension(disabled by default) and all you have to do is enable it.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any additional questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Zend Support Center.

[quote author=countnikon link=topic=101977.msg404134#msg404134 date=1153941503]
I'm trying to get the Oracle Instant Client working with PHP on FC4.  All the guides I see say that you need to reinstall PHP.  However, I still need MySQL on this server for certain internal applications that we don't want to use oracle for.  Does anybody know an easy way around this?  I really need to be able to run both.
[/quote]

I wouldn't think reinstalling is nessisary as php is already a compiled library. 
You just need to edit your php.ini file and enable this line:
[code]
;extension=php_oracle.dll
[/code]

change to:
[code]
extension=php_oracle.dll
[/code]

But you might want to check on php.net and see if there is anything else you need to do to ensure that the Oracle DB works properly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.