Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foreverhex

question about an if() issue

Ok so have this script here is an example:
[code]
<?php
if($cmd == 'add' AND isset($user)) {
//content
} else {
//other
} ?>
[/code]

well no matter what I do it always acts as if $user is set. Any ideas.

have you echo'd out $cmd and $user to see what values they hold?  and is your problem that your conditional always returns true or that $user is always set?  if $user appears to be always set and you have register_globals ON in your php.ini file, then any superglobal ($_GET/$_POST) that has a ['user'] element set will automagically be interpreted by $user.

&& instead of AND?

Another thing to watch out for is that even if a variable is assigned an empty value, it will still return true on isset()

[quote author=xyph link=topic=102091.msg404727#msg404727 date=1154028725]
Another thing to watch out for is that even if a variable is assigned an empty value, it will still return true on isset()
[/quote]

Well it know that there isn't a $user set and the script works fine if I take out the isset($user) of the if() statement. Here is my accual code:
[code]
<?php
$cmd = $_GET['cmd'];

//check if loged in
if(isset($user)) {
$addlink = '<center><a href="2minhate.php?cmd=add">Add your own stuff</a></center>';
} else {
$addlink = '<center><a href="checkuser.php">Login to add your own stuff</a></center>';
}

//If page = 2minhate.php?cmd=add then show form

if(($cmd == 'add') && isset($user)) {
//this is where the form goes
} else {
//show page as normall
}
?>[code]

[/code][/code]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.